BIPES project started about one year ago. Its website (https://www.bipes.net.br) was made available on March 15th 2020 and the first github commit happened in April (https://github.com/rafaelaroca/BIPES_ui_testing/).
Since then, many interesting things have happened to the BIPES Project. Here are some curiosities – thanks to Google Analytics BIPES usage report:
– Today, BIPES is already used in more than 65 countries
– More than 2000 unique users have used / are using BIPES
– Average session time / time to build a program is 5 minutes
– Germany is the country with most users (1200), followed by Brazil (330)
– Qatar, Brazil, Panama and Czechia are the countries with higher average session time (48, 13, 12 and 11 minutes respectively)
These informations were obtained anonymously by Google Analytics by monitoring BIPES page hits. Note that BIPES does not require you to create a user account and does not store / analyse created programs. However, if you want, you can share the program you created using the share button.
Also note that BIPES stands for Block Based Integrated Platform for Embedded Systems, allowing block based programming for Raspberry Pi Pico, ESP32, ESP8266, mBed / STM32, Micro:bit, and any Linux based system, such as BeagleBone and Raspberry Pi 1, 2, 3 and 4. For the other boards, BIPES generates Python code for the MicroPython or CircuitPython firmware installed on the board.
The figures show BIPES usage around the world by cities and countries.