- Get a generic ESP32. Used this one:
- Flash a recent version of MicroPython. I used 1.15 from https://micropython.org/download/esp32/
- I suggest using AdaFruit’s online flasher: https://adafruit.github.io/Adafruit_WebSerial_ESPTool/
- Connect to the board and copy 3 files to the board:
There files are available here: https://github.com/micropython/micropython/tree/master/examples/bluetooth
You can use BIPES itself to easily copy the files to the board (network or USB )!
- Enable the Bluetooth REPL Service with the code on BIPES Web USB / Serial terminal:
import ble_uart_repl ble_uart_repl.start()
You can add these lines to main.py if you want this service to be enabled at every boot.
- Use your operating system bluetooth options to connect to the mpy-repl bluetooth device
- A connected message will be shown:
On the console tab, click on “Connect (Web Bluetooth)”
And you will get the Bluetooth REPL terminal using BIPES to your ESP32 generic board!
Thank you very much makerdiary. I based the Web Bluetooth code on his project, which can also be directly used from the Web to access the ESP32 Web Bluetooth REPL: